Welcome to Tasty Tuesday!!!
This recipe is about turning leftover’s into something else that’s totally delicious. Last week I made homemade Organic Cornbread. Then I started thinking……..what else can I do with this cornbread?????
As the title says……turn it into “Strawberry Shortcake”.
Let’s get started….
For my cornbread recipe click here.
1. In a bowl add 2 C. of organic fresh or frozen strawberries, add 1/2 C. of sugar stir the mixture together. Cover and place in the refrigerator until the mixture creates juices in the bottom of the bowl.
2. Take your cornbread and cut it into bite-size cubes or you can crumble it.
3. Using small individual serving dishes, spoon in some of your strawberries and the juices, then add cornbread and more strawberries on top. Feel free to add whip cream if you desire ( I like whip cream…..just not a huge fan, so I can do without it.)
I really enjoyed making this dessert. It was simple to put together and I was to take my leftovers and turn it into something completely new.
This dessert is great because you can make it in advance. So if you’re having a dinner party etc……..it’s simple to put together which takes some stress off of you.
So tell me…….how have you transformed your leftovers?????
I love hearing from you all and I truly appreciate you taking the time to stop by!!
Until Next Time,
I saw these sugar cookie tarts on pinterest and finally had time to give it a try. These little guy’s will be great for a dinner party and you can get as creative as you wish with them.
I hope you give these little guy’s a try.
Happy Baking & Enjoy!!! 😀
My family was in town for the weekend. My 5 year old niece has been obsessing over the Beignets because of the movie Princess and the Frog. So I decided to make some for her and the rest of the family. All I can say is……..DELICIOUS. What I loved the most is that everyone could add whatever toppings they wanted.
To make the Beignets follow the recipe below and get creative with the topping.
1 teaspoon dry active yeast
—3/4 cup very warm water
—1/3 cup sugar
—2 tablespoons butter
—1/2 teaspoon salt
—3 1/2 cups flour, plus extra for rolling
—1/2 cup milk
—1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
—oil for the bowl and frying the dough ( I used vegetable oil )
—powdered sugar for dusting
STEP BY STEP SUGARED BEIGNETS INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a bowl, gently mix the dry active yeast, warm water, and a spoonful of the sugar together. Let stand for 10 minutes while the yeast activates. If it doesn’t bloom and get foamy, toss it out and try this step again from the beginning.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the yeast mixture and 2 cups flour. Then, start mixing with a dough hook or kneading by hand.
- Keep adding flour until the dough doesn’t stick to the side of the bowl and feels a little tacky. If using the dough hook, it should pull most of the dough away from the sides of the bowl. When you pull the dough off the hook, you may find that it is still too tacky, so feel free to add a bit more flour.
- Shape the dough into a ball-like mound and place it into a well-oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel, and let sit in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat a couple inches of vegetable oil to about 350 degrees.
- Once doubled in size, roll dough out to about 3/4 inch thick on a well-floured surface.
- Cut into squares of roughly 3×3 inches, and deep fry in the oil without overcrowding. The squares of dough should sizzle and immediately poof up into a golden beignet. Remove from oil, and drain on a paper towel. Transfer to a plate, and dust generously with powdered sugar.
Happy Cooking & Enjoy!!! 😀