Welcome to Tasty Tuesday!!
Ok here’s how it all went down. I saw this yummy looking recipe on Pinterest. I immediately thought this would be great for dinner. Now here’s my delimma…..how do I sell this deliciousness to the kid’s. They are super picky.
So here’s how I sold them the dish. I showed them the pic…..and as I expected they immediately want to know, what’s in it.
I start by saying that I will tweak the original dish a bit and it will only have thing’s you love.
Crispy Turkey Bacon
My sales pitch wins them over and I get cooking and thankfully they really love the dish. Winning over my kid’s is no easy task, so when I do I have to celebrate. Now that I am done celebrating I want to share this deliciousness with you.
(*This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using the links.)
1 lb of organic boneless skinless chicken ( I used chicken thigh)
8 Strips of Organic Turkey Bacon
(1) 13.25 oz of Whole Grain Penne Pasta
1 C Organic Heavy Cream
1/2 C Organic Milk
2 1/4 C of Organic or rBST free Mozzarella Cheese
3 C of organic fresh or unthawed frozen broccoli
2 Tbsp of oil of choice ( I used grapeseed)
garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash, black pepper & pink Himalayan sea salt
- Start by cooking your pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside (making sure to reserve 1/4 C of your pasta water.)
- Cook your turkey bacon until nice and crisp as you desire. Then cut into bite size pieces.
- Next liberally season your chicken on both sides with the seasonings mentioned above. Add oil to a large pan and cook chicken on both sides until cooked through on medium-high heat. Once done remove and set aside.
- Lower your pan to medium heat. Add reserved pasta water, then heavy cream and a 1/2 tsp of the above seasoning. Stir to completely incorporate the seasonings. Once the mixture comes to a boil add your cheese and stir to make sure the cheese evenly melts.
- Add your pasta and mix to incorporate, next a the broccoli mix to incorporate, then add chicken and turkey bacon. Remove from the heat and now you are ready to enjoy.
This dish was a huge hit. I usually try and make healthier swaps with my dishes but this one I just went for it.
I look forward to making this dish for family and friends and you will too!
Thank you for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it!
Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter
Until Next Time,