Welcome to Tasty Tuesday!!!
I’ve made Baked Ziti many times before……but always with meat. So I figured, making a meatless one should be easier…..right.
All I know is I did not want this dish to be overly complicated and fussy. Easy breezy and delicious is what I have in mind.
Let’s jump into this recipe……….
1 lbs of Whole Grain Penne Pasta
2 C fresh organic spinach
1 C diced organic onion ( I used 1/2 C of yellow and green onion)
1/2 C diced organic peppers ( I used organic frozen green, red & yellow peppers)
3 C mozzarella cheese ( I prefer rbst free or organic)
(1) 24oz. jar of organic marinara (I prefer Bertolli)
1/2 tsp Salt (Pink Himalayan)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1. Cook your pasta according to package directions.
2. In a large greased baking dish add pasta, spinach, onions, peppers, 2 C cheese and spices.
3. Toss everything to get it evenly distributed.
4. Pour your marinara sauce across the top, using a spatula to evenly spread.
5. Place in a 350 pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Remove from the oven and toss to get the sauce evenly distributed. Top with 1 C cheese and place back into the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Once done, let it cool a bit and serve.
This dish was a huge hit!!! My mini meat lover’s went back for second and thirds.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it.
Until Next Time,