Hello everyone and welcome,
Are you in need of something new for breakfast?
I have something that may just do the trick. It’s quick, easy and delicious. These muffins are savory with a hint of sweet. They are the perfect quick, grab, and go breakfast option.
These muffins were a huge hit which means it’s time to share!
2 Cups of organic spelt flour
1 Cup organic applesauce
1/2 organic cheese ( I used 1/4 C sharp & 1/4 C mozzarella)
1/2 Cup grapeseed oil or avocado oil
1/4 Cup organic brown sugar (DIY here)
1/4 Cup organic chives
1/4 Cup organic onions
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat oven to 320°F and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl add applesauce, oil, and brown sugar. Mix to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and mix everything together.
- Fold in chives, onions, and cheese. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into your lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe yields 15 muffins.
We really enjoy how light these muffins are coupled with the fact that they have a mild savory and sweet flavor. You can use different types of cheeses and herbs to make the recipe your own.
I hope you will give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as my family and I do.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it.
Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter