Hello everyone and welcome,
Today, I wanted to try my hand at making a nice, cheesy and savory biscuits. Now when I told my friend about using goat’s milk in the recipe……she immediately let me know her displeasure for goats milk. I was even discouraged by the sales clerk from buying it. I had and idea in my mind and I wanted to try it out and see for myself. Thank goodness I listened to my own inner voice because these biscuits were delicious. My family devoured them and I was in total surprise because they’re some seriously picky individuals. Trying new things with them can be a bit of a challenge but I try in spite of the challenges.
Since the recipe was such a success I had to share it with you. So let’s just dive right in shall we.
- 2 cups organic spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons (frozen) unsalted grass-fed or organic butter, cut into small cubes
- 6 ounces sharp white cheddar, shredded or cut into tiny pieces ( or cheese of choice)
- 1 cup goat milk ( I used one tablespoon of goat milk powder mixed in 1 cup water.)
- 1/4 cup chopped organic chives
- 1/4 cup organic dried parsley
Preheat oven to 425°F degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Using a spatula fold the butter into flour mixture until butter is incorporated throughout. Stir in cheese, parsley, and chives until everything is evenly distributed. Then add goat milk and stir just until dough comes together.
Using ice cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets and space 2 inches apart.
Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes, rotating baking sheets once.
I hope you will give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it!
Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest
Until Next Time,
4 thoughts on “Cheesy Chive & Goat Milk Biscuits”
Absolutely divine. I am excited about these 🙂
Thank you! ☺
Love your willingness to go places (with your recipes) most people would be unwilling to venture. I have lost count with the number of SUCCESSES you’ve achieved. Just proves defiance can be a POSITIVE word! 🙂
Thank you!! ☺