Hello everyone and welcome,
Since today is National Banana Bread Day…..I thought I would do some baking. I must tell you this bread is soooooo good. I could barely restrain myself from eating it all….lol. One good thing about this bread is that it does have some nutritional benefits….which made me feel better about having 2 slices!
Now onto the recipe…….
2 C organic Spelt Flour or AP
2 ripe organic bananas
3 Tbsp organic cacao powder
1/2 C organic unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 C organic cane sugar
1/2 C grapeseed oil ( or oil of choice)
2 Tbsp organic peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Mix together the (dry ingredients) flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cacao powder.
- In a separate bowl or food processor mix together (wet ingredients) bananas, applesauce, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 1hr-1hr 15 minutes. Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow it to completely cool on a wire cooling rack.
Now let’s talk about a few of the nutritional benefits.
- 40 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries.
- Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron.
- Full of Magnesium for a Healthy Heart & Brain.
- More Calcium Than Cow’s Milk.
- A Natural Mood Elevator and Anti-Depressant. (c/o Be Good Organics)
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B6
I hope you will give this recipe a try and enjoy the benefits of all the nutrients it contains as well as it’s deliciousness!
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it.
Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter
Enjoy & Until Next Time,
9 thoughts on “Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bread (Vegan)”
I’m admiring bread and trying not to drool, but at the minute my healthy streak isn’t letting me read the recipe! Looks yummy tho’!
Lol….I understand and thank you! ☺
Once again….dangerously delicious!!! Your passion for baking accentuates joy of reading your posts. One can “feel” your appreciation for quality eating.
Off to get some ingredients. Thanks again.
Thank you…..I am really passionate about people putting good nutrients in their bodies w/o the sacrifice of taste.
You do a great job with this! 🙂
Great healthy ideas for dessert! Thanks!
Thank you ☺