Hello everyone and welcome to……..
Here’s how this bread came about. My brother called last minute and said that he and his family would be coming into town. Great, I am always happy to see my family. The first thing that goes through my mind is what am I going to cook. With such short notice, I need dishes that will be quick and easy oh and large portions because my brother is a true foodie!
One thing I love showing my brother through food is that you can have the food you love with the nutrition, your body needs and deserves without sacrificing taste.
Since they would be arriving around dinner time I decided to go with my One Skillet Lasagna and nice big salad and this pull apart bread. A nice family style meal where everyone can serve themselves, eat and enjoy each others company.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 C. Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 C. warm water
2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. organic cane sugar
1 tsp. Himalayan Pink salt
2 tsp organic garlic powder
1 tsp organic onion powder
1 tbsp organic Italian seasoning
3 TBS. organic extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl or stand mixer with dough, attachment add your flour, then add your yeast on one side of the bowl and your salt on the other side of the bowl and mix dry ingredients together. ( a tip adding salt directly on top of the yeast deactivates it which is why these two ingredients are added on opposing sides before mixing the dry ingredients together.)
- Next add your garlic, onion powder, and Italian Seasoning and mix.
- Add your sugar to the water and mix, pour it into your dry ingredients followed by the olive oil mix until your dough is shiny and smooth. Takes about 6-8 minutes.
- When your dough is ready, rub the dough and bowl with olive oil. This will help it rise in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled, 1 ½ -2 hours
- Once the dough has risen, gently remove the dough from the bowl knocking out the air.
- Using a bench scraper or knife, cut the dough into medium and small sized pieces.
- Grease a 10 inch Bundt pan or cake tin with olive oil. Fill the pan with the dough pieces.
- Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap and let the bread rise for 45 minutes or until puffy and they have risen up to the top of the pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.Cool the pull apart bread in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out on a platter or large plate and allow to cool slightly about 10 minutes. (* for a short cut you can use store bought pizza dough…..I just love making my own from scratch!)
I hope that you will enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it.
Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter
Until Next Time,
24 thoughts on “Vegan Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread”
Ugh, I was LIVING for these pics on IG, yaaasssssssaaa!!
Thank you!! 😊
Thank you ☺
Good for you folks, seems you cook exciting things when you get visitors ☺️
I like to show my skills a little when company comes around….lol.
Mmm that looks delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Thank you for stopping by!!☺
The pul–apart finish is so unique and fun!
Thank you!! ☺
I will definitely be making this! Look so yummy and I love that it’s not terrible for you!
Thank you and enjoy!! ☺
Thank you, thank you, thank you I have scheduled your post for release on December 10th I am so glad you joined in the Recipe Exchange 😉
FABULOUS presentation & a crowd pleaser for sure. 🙂
Thank you! ☺
what an epic bread! Looks gorge, and hurrah for garlic!
Thank you!! ☺
Hi Sewloveable: I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Check it out in my new post on The Recipe Hunter @ https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/one-lovely-blog-award/
Thank you so much!!! I will check it out. 😊
Hopefully you will be able to accept and pay it forward. Thanks for visiting my blog.
oh my gosh this looks AMAZING!
Thank you! ☺❤❤
Pingback: Vegan Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread | The Recipe Hunter
Pingback you received and a big thank you for your contribution. Link on blog. https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/2016/12/10/vegan-garlic-herb-pull-apart-bread/ 🌹🌹