Hello everyone and welcome
I have been loving all the summer fruits and berries. So today I decided to make a Blueberry Crumble because………I need to use up my blueberries before they go bad and because this is such an easy to make dessert.
Now I know the title might not seem that appealing to some, especially when you read (organic + vegan + gluten free) but I promise you will never know!
When I am cooking and baking my goal is to use really good quality and healthy ingredients as much as I possibly can……..without sacrificing taste. I love good flavorful food…..don’t we all.
I decided to make a gluten-free version because I bought the flour a while back and I only used it once to make a gluten-free deep dish pizza. You can find that
recipe here…just swap the wheat flour for all purpose gluten free.
Now let’s dive into the recipe!
(*This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using the links.)
- 3 cups organic gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar (DIY here)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine pink Himalayan salt
- 4 cups fresh organic blueberries
- 6 tablespoons cold vegan butter, cubed ( I like this soy free brand here)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (for blueberry filling)
- 4 teaspoons organic cornstarch
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13 or 8×8 inch baking dish ( I used a bit of the vegan butter.)
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 C cane sugar and 1/2 C brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and flour. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in the vegan butter until the butter is pea-sized or smaller.
- Mix in the applesauce, using a spoon or your hands bring the dough together. Transfer half of the dough to the prepared baking dish and press in to form an even layer of crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Mix well to combine, add the mixture into the baking dish spreading it out evenly. Crumble the remaining dough over the blueberry mixture to form the crumb topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45- 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do. For similar recipe’s to this one check out some of my older post here, here and here.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it.
Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter
Until Next Time,
13 thoughts on “Easy To Make Blueberry Crumble (Organic + Vegan + Gluten-Free)”
Seriously, kudos to you and other bakers who use natural fruit in their recipes!
Blueberries are my favvvv and without even being there I know this was something else.
Thank you! You’re right this dessert was sooooo good. The fresh blueberries were pure perfection!
I knew it!!
Sounds simple enough and delicious! !
Yes simple and oh so good! Just my kind of baking. ☺
I LOVE crumble cake. Can you email me a slice? Please???
Yes! Cake!!! 😉
Crumble cake is sooo good. I have to make this. recipe stolen lol ❤
Lol…..I hope you enjoy it! ☺
This recipe is amazing!!! I love crumbles :)!
Thank you, crumbles make baking effortless.☺
Blueberry is very healthy. This is a great recipe to explore blueberry!