I was looking to try out something light, yet filling. I’d been craving something with savory and citrus flavors. Since this craving would not leave my mind I had to get in the kitchen and create something to remedy it. Now you all know that my kid’s are SUPER PICKY…..so who know’s how this is going to go over with them. But hey every now and again I deserve for it to be about ME and my taste buds.
With that being said………let’s dive in.
(*This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using the links.)
- 1 large organic sweet potato
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoons organic garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper
- Juice of 2 organic limes
- 3 teaspoons liquid amino
- 2 cups of organic kale (cut into bite size pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper ( I am all about easy clean up.)
- Peel and chop the sweet potato in small, bite-sized pieces. Drizzle a teaspoon of your oil over the sweet potatoes. Toss to coat. Place your sweet potatoes on your baking sheet and roast for 20 – 25 minutes until tender, stirring half way through so as not to burn them.
- While my sweet potatoes are cooking, cook your quinoa according to package instructions.
- Once your sweet potatoes and quinoa are done just set aside and allow them to cool while we continue on.
- In a skillet over medium heat add your remaining oil, then kale, seasonings, and liquid amino. You’re going to sautee for 3-5 minutes until your kale is tender and fully incorporated with all your flavor’s.
- In a large bowl add your quinoa, kale, sweet potatoes, and lime juice. Gently toss to get everything evenly mixed and fully incorporated with all the flavor’s.
This recipe was surprisingly a big hit with my kid’s……who used say that they don’t like quinoa or sweet potatoes. Until now that is. I think it’s the savory and citrus flavor’s together that won them over. Whatever the reason I’m just happy that those picky taste buds enjoyed this as much as I did.
This recipe serves 4
I hope you will give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much we did.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it.
Until Next Time,