I have been wanting to make Pad Thai for sooooooo long. I have to admit I was intimidated by the dish. So here’s how I overcame my intimidation…..a buddy of mine told me about a Pad Thai that he made after hearing him say how easy it was……I knew for sure I could do it. It was kind of one of those moments of if he could do it I can definitely do it better. So that is exactly what I set out to do…lol!
So let’s dive in and get started…….
(*This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using the links.)
- 8 ounces organic brown rice Pad Thai noodles
- 2 organic zucchini’s (sliced)
- 1/2 cup organic tri- colored peppers (sliced)
- half of a medium organic white onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup organic mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups organic bean sprouts
- ½ cup fresh organic spinach and green onions (chopped)
Pad Thai Sauce
- 3 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons organic lime juice
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon organic toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar ( DIY here )
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon organic peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp organic garlic, ginger, and onion powder
- Cook your noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for your sauce and set aside.
- In a wok or large and deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add your oil.
- Add mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, zucchini and saute 1 – 2 minutes then add spinach, and bean sprouts saute 1 minute longer.
- Add in noodles and sauce and toss everything together and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with green onions and peanuts.
This dish serves 4
I hope that you will give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as my family and I do!
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it.
Until Next Time,