I was looking to try something new for breakfast. Sometimes you just get tired of the same old thing. Since my taste buds were craving something a little sweet and savory I decide to give corn fritters a try. Boy oh boy, these were some kind of good. The flavors took me back in time to my childhood. Back to when my parents would take my brother and I, to Chesapeake Bay Seafood House. They served the best seafood and hush puppies and these fritters were very reminiscent of those delicious hush puppies.
Let’s get started so you can taste for yourself…….
(*This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using the links.)
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 cup organic medium ground yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup organic amaranth flour (all purpose will work also)
- 1 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoon organic white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic corn (optional)
- 1/4 cup organic green onion
- 1/4 cup organic green chives
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the vinegar to your non-dairy milk and mix.
- Add the oil, non-dairy milk mixture and applesauce to your dry ingredients and stir to combine. Next, add the corn, green onion, and chives a mix to evenly distribute. Let the batter sit for 2-3 minutes so that the batter puffs up from the baking powder.
- Place some oil in a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Once the oil heats, spoon 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.
- Cook the fritters for about 3-5 minutes on each side. It’s time to flip them when the edges look done and there are some bubbles in the middle. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
I hope that you will give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as my family and I have.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I greatly appreciate it.
Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter
Until Next Time,
10 thoughts on “Organic Green Onion and Chive Corn Fritters”
Great ingredients. Looks wonderful.
Thank you so much!! ☺
Ahhhhh looks sooooo good!!! I love chives!!! I grow them in my backyard 🙂
Thank you! Very nice….there’s nothing like growing things yourself.
Delish !!! Love corn, Love chives – so this is a winner 🙂
Thank you!!! ☺
These look soo good!! Will definitely have to try these!
Thank you and enjoy!! 😀
I may just have to try this recipe for a Friday Foodie post – great share.
Thank you!! ☺