Welcome to Tasty Tuesday!!!
For years, I would only cook in my Crock Pot in the fall/winter months. Well, this summer my crock pot has been getting great use.
I’ve been thinking of making this dish for quite a while.
So today I just went for it. I decided to use the Crock Pot because my time is limited. This way I can accomplish everything I need to and still have a healthy meal prepared when I get home.
Here’s what you will need:
8 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/4 C Amino Acid (or low sodium soy sauce)
1/4 C Rice Vinegar
1/4 C Organic Hoisin Sauce (this is the must have for this recipe it does not have to be organic)
1 C Organic diced peppers ( I use an organic diced frozen blend of red, yellow & green)
2 Tbsp Raw Honey
1 Tbsp Organic Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Water
Mix the following in a small bowl
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tsp of paprika, garlic powder and onion powder
1. Cut your chicken into medium size chunks and place in a large bowl.
2. Add your seasonings and cornstarch to the chicken. ( mix to get the chicken evenly coated and set aside)
3. For the sauce in a medium bowl add your Amino Acid, Vinegar, Hoisin Sauce, Honey & Water (stir to combine)
4. Pour sauce into the crock pot, add your chicken and pepper (stir to get everything evenly mixed)
5. Set your crock pot on High for 4 hours
Serve over rice and with veggies of your choosing.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, it’s greatly appreciated.
Enjoy & Until Next Time,