A few weeks back I saw a blog post by Andrea of Cooking with a Wallflower. For Basil Garlic Noodles. I had to give the recipe a try but with my own twist to it. Thank you to Andrea for the inspiration.
Now let’s get started………
2 TBS of unsalted butter (my preference Kerry gold click here to read why)
10 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 TBS of dried basil
1/2 Cup of peppers (red, yellow or green or a blend of all 3)
1 Cup of fresh spinach
1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp of sea salt and black pepper
1 package of pappardelle pasta ( or pasta of choice)
1/3 Cup of reserved pasta water
This is a great quick and easy recipe. I will even put up a video to make peeling garlic easy. You will have your garlic peeled in 20 second flat. I promise it is quick and easy.
Now that you have all your garlic peeled and other items prepped. Let’s get cooking.
1. Cook pasta according to packaging and remember to reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water.
2. In a large skillet on low to medium heat add the butter and garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add your peppers and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add your spinach, seasoning and reserved pasta water. Stir for 3 minutes.
5. Add the pasta and stir to evenly coat and combine. Takes about 2 minutes.
You can add so many things to this dish to change it up. Customize it to suit your taste buds.
Enjoy & Until Next Time,