I have been wanting to make this dish for quite some time. This was a big hit and my family really enjoyed it. I am not a vegetarian but from time to time I like to make a nice and tasty vegetarian meal for my family. I am always looking for ways to get more veggies in. This was a BIG HIT………. So now it’s time to share. I hope you will enjoy this as much as my family an I did.
This recipe is for a 6 Qt or larger crock pot
- 2 pack of Helen’s Kitchen Veggie Ground
- 1 qt of vegetable broth
- 1 pack of frozen yellow corn
- 1/2 cup of peppers ( I use a frozen blend of yellow, red and green)
- 4 stalks of celery sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 cans precooked beans of choice, rinsed and drained (white kidney beans and pinto beans were my choice)
- 3 of cans of diced tomatoes with liquid (I used one can of fire roasted and two cans of no salt added diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup of cauliflower puree
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- Green or Spring onion finely chop all of it
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp of chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic and onion powder for seasoning veggie ground
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper, salt
- 1/4 tsp herb provence
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
Step by Step
In a non-stick skillet add olive oil , veggie ground and the 1 tsp of garlic and onion powder. Cook according to directions which will be for 4-5 minutes and set aside.
In the crock pot add diced tomatoes and the juices, vegetable broth, beans, cauliflower puree, celery, onion, peppers, corn, veggie ground, sugar and all the herbs and spices.
Mix well and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours. Stir Occasionally.
Garnish with Avocado
Enjoy & Happy Cooking
Until Next Time
2 thoughts on “Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili…..you will not miss the meat I promise”
Pingback: A meat-eater’s vegetarian chili | TheRealHousewifeOfCouponCounty
Pingback: Effortless Crock Pot Turkey Chili | sewloveable